The European e-commerce fulfilment market is valued at €42 million in 2021 and is forecasted to grow to €77 million by 2026, according to Ti Research. The updated IOSS regulations, post-pandemic uncertainty and rising international shipping costs push e-commerce retailers to seek regional or local fulfilment resources. Consequently, Europe has witnessed increasing investment in fulfilment services to capitalise on e-commerce growth by LSPs (logistics service providers), including Amazon and Kuehne+Nagel. Further growth in the fulfilment space has been propelled forward by logistics technology platforms, such as ShipBob, ShipMonk and byrd.
Despite the booming market needs, fulfilment providers meet increasing challenges to satisfy e-retailers’ ever-evolving shipping requirements across Europe. By partnering with YunExpress Europe, the simultaneous expansion into European markets with reliable cross-border logistics solutions is guaranteed.
Elogistic sees rises in volumes
Elogistic is a global fulfilment provider with over 50 fulfilment centres in 10 countries. With a dedicated and experienced workforce of more than 2,000 employees and more than 1,000,000 square meters of warehousing space, Elogistic is more than capable of managing rising order volumes and servicing its e-commerce customers. For a specialist like Elogistic, scaling warehousing operations is not a big challenge, while efficient and reliable cross-border shipping is.
By teaming up with experienced cross-border e-commerce logistics experts, such as YunExpress Europe, this global-scaled company can offer their e-retailing specialised clientele a reliable Europe-wide shipping solution, including direct delivery support from one integrated source. Partnering with YunExpress allows Elogistic to take on the shipping challenges with ease, so that they can fully focus on boosting the success in fulfilment solutions.
Challenges in cross-border shipping
- Consumers always expect fast and on-time delivery, which means that the e-commerce platforms and brands emphasise fast and on-time delivery for every cross-border logistics provider. In Europe, Elogistic operates central warehouses in 14 countries to meet pan-European delivery requirements from their clients. Thus, smooth cross-border logistics is an indispensable yet challenging factor in ensuring customer satisfaction.
- E-commerce platforms and retailers also have tracking requirements, which means that third-party logistics and fulfilment providers are confronted with operational complexity using a multi-carrier strategy. The tracking for each carrier needs to be integrated and communicated to the platforms or the brands.
- Consumers shopping on e-commerce platforms are highly price-sensitive, making it a competitive market. As a result, most companies selling on these platforms are just as price-sensitive regarding their logistics costs. Directly contracting with giant LSPs for an unfavourable e-commerce parcel volume would thus not add competitiveness to Elogistic.
- The final challenge is about the unpredictability of consumers. Demand can be hard to predict, resulting in changing shipping volumes. This impacts the volumes of outgoing parcel shipments and the warehouse to warehouse shipments in a fulfilment company’s network. It’s also crucial for Elogistic to optimise their shipping error resolution and enhance their flexibility of return management.
- YunExpress’ end-to-end cross-border solution takes care of Elogistic’s entire logistics process from collecting from the warehouse through sorting for the final destination to despatching to last-mile delivery. Whereas bringing Elogistic an absolute peace of mind, the seamless services contributed toward faster fulfilment lead times with higher efficiency. As a concrete example, it takes only 2.48 days on average from picking up from a Czech warehouse to arriving at an Italy terminal – much faster than the industry standard – saving at least one day of transit time.
- In addition, advanced IT systems and API integration enable the labelling process’s digitisation and give customers access to tracking status once the shipment is sent. YunExpress services enable Elogistic to guarantee their customers an average accurate delivery rate of over 98% and an on-time arrival-scan rate of 99% for e-commerce, as well as fulfil their promise of end-to-end tracking visibility to their customers.
- Moreover, regarding the multi-carrier strategy, YunExpress has an extensive and reliable network of local partners for last-mile delivery, leveraging the consolidated parcel volumes of multiple clients for competitive rates. Combined with a self-run dedicated line-haul network, YunExpress can support Elogistic on cross-border shipments with a 20% lower cost than other international carriers while guaranteeing the top-tier level of OTD (on-time delivery) rate.
- Eventually, these self-operated line-haul resources ensure scalable shipping and on-demand tailored service, providing Elogistic with the solutions to speed up its shipment error resolution and returns process. “Thanks to their sophisticated and dynamic routing management, we earned the possibility to retrieve error parcels or adjust our shipping plans expediently. It’s a great added value to us,” said Effy Xiao, Channel Supervisor at Elogistic Germany.
When asked about the experience of partnership with YunExpress, Charles Lu, Head of Sales at Elogistic UK, said: “The logistics solutions of YunExpress helped us bring the last leg of our fulfilment services to the next level – striving for efficient transactions and on-time delivery will definitely make our customers happy.”
More specifically, YunExpress undertakes a weekly average volume of 20,000 parcels and transports them from the major warehouses of Elogistic, located in the Czech Republic, Germany and France, to different destinations across Europe. In close cooperation with YunExpress, Elogistic managed to offer full tracking visibility with line hauls.
YunExpress focuses on the e-commerce sector and has grown unmatchable strengths in cross-border logistics for small parcels. With their self-owned hubs and local teams operating in 21 European countries, they are able to take control of every link in the whole logistics process and better understand the special needs of every different region and country. At the same time, due to the stable large volume that they flow daily, YunExpress can make the most of their bargaining power with last-mile carriers to benefit clients like Elogistic.
YunExpress’ 100+ self-run routes have set up daily line-haul connections, consolidating freight shipments across over 30 countries in Europe. Beyond the land-transport network, their extensive customs clearance resources allow them to offer hassle-free and cost-effective “customs clearance plus delivery” one-stop solutions on clients’ demands, such as the two-way fulfilment logistics between the EU and the UK.
Get in touch with an expert from YunExpress to discuss how YunExpress can level up your business and increase your customer satisfaction.
Elogistic is a global fulfilment company, focusing on warehouse services and cargo transportation. Elogistic now has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates over 100 fulfilment centres in over 20 countries, including the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Australia and China, with a total space of over 1 million square meters globally. Trusted by over 4,000 clients, Elogistic ships over 400,000 orders on a daily basis. Elogistic provides unrivalled cross-border e-commerce overseas warehousing and logistics solutions to accommodate the future expansion of our clients’ global e-commerce business.
To learn more about Elogistic, please visit: https://www.elogistic.com/
YunExpress is one of the world’s leading logistics providers, delivering seamless solutions to the global cross-border e-commerce sector. YunExpress was founded in 2014, and has now over 1,500 employees connecting e-retailers from 6 continents and shipping over 1.2 million parcels for the e-commerce sector daily.
In 2020, the European headquarters of YunExpress was established in the Netherlands, which works in close partnership with local operations in over 30 European countries, with subsidiaries running in 21 among them. Over 100 logistics routes are operated by YunExpress daily throughout Europe.
For more information, please visit: https://www.yunexpresseu.com/